Monday, March 7, 2016

WHOLE 30 APPROVED! I know, I said I wouldn't do diets, but Whole 30, I've been told by my friend who studied for years and is a personal trainer, that it is a great way to eat! And he was right! I'm doing it now basically to just simply reset and "detox" my body if you will. We stay away from sugars and too many carbs and processed foods on a normal basis so this wasn't too different from my daily life habits. But giving up CARBS!!! So difficult! Thank goodness its only for 30 days!

Butternut Squash and Sausage Bake!

Ingredients:
Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage (1 pack)
1 Large Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Red onion
4 Tbsp of chopped garlic
4 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp Fresh thyme,  4 if dried
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 lemon juiced and zested
Cracked pepper
1 tspn sea salt
Parsley, fresh

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease your casserole dish with the coconut oil. Spread the cut up butternut squash in the dish. Slice the chicken apple sausage (you can substitute for chicken) and spread on top of the squash. Slice the red onion and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle the garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest on top. Using clean hands, mix well. Spread out evenly in the dish and add the sliced lemons on top. You can add a touch more thyme on top and cracked pepper if you like. Cover with parchment paper and tuck the outer edges underneath. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until squash is tender. If you are using chicken instead of sausage, make sure you cook at least 40 minutes, until cooked. Once it is done, sprinkle more fresh parsley on top and serve! Or for me, divide it up for a week full of healthy lunches!


No comments:

Post a Comment